Skip to main content

...iKaossilator!

I have the original yellow Kaossilator, and I am a big fan. This app, although visually similar in many ways, is fundamentally different in the way it handles the phrases you create; it's not better or worse, it's just different, and if you are to use it, you just have to learn.
First of all, it does not record and loop sound, like the original Kaossilator does, it records sequences. The downside of it is that one can't endlessly overdub the track, using the same voice, it will start erasing previous loop eventually (but they do give you five layers to play with, so there is plenty of space to build your riffs). The upside is that you can save, undo, redo the sequense, return to it, re-record, reassign instruments, change the key, tempo, scale, everything, all in real-time, and then save it again.That is big. And the mix play is a very nice feature.

WHAT IT NEEDS:
Ability to export MIDI
Ability to import MIDI (there is no way the tracks in app's library were made with the app, no one can play a touch pad the way the keyboard is played, it's even smaller the the pad on the hardware Kaossilator)
Dynamic GRID on the pad, reflecting th actual scale being played.
Ability to be MIDI controlled with an external controller (I'd pay extra just for that, the syn sounds are awesome, well... KORG it is...)
I want the Drone sound back (#60), and the rest of the effect sound missing from the original Kaossilator set!!!

iPad version with a bigger pad would be nice, too...

Popular posts from this blog

{position:fixed} in iOS 6

I stumbled upon this oddity when upgrading to iOS 6 while working on a mobile advertising project, and it took me a better part of the day to figure out what is going on: all of a sudden an element {position:fixed} stopped working in a correct manner (which is staying put, while the page is scrolling), and started "sticking" to the scrolling page, moving out of the viewport, and then just "jumping" back to the correct location after the scrolling was finished.If you scroll this page , you will see it—hint: that's the one labeled "broken"—assuming that you have a correct device/browser combination. Mine was iPhone4 and iOS 6.0 (6.0.1-6.1.3 behaves just the same). On the original page, where I first encountered the problem, all of my elements were created dynamically using JavaScript, but at the end of the day (literally) it become clear, that the glitch is in the iOS 6 CSS implementation.Here is what happens: if you have an element {position:fixed} whic

May 1st Reboot 2016

My main site gets a facelift (about half-a-decade overdue). Due to a chronic caching issues with iPage, I have to model everything on CodePen , and then FTP files to iPage, where, for some mysterious reason, html gets updated instantly, but CSS and Javascripts marinate somewhere for at least half an hour, before starting to render, which makes it impossible to model anything in real time. Annoying. Oh, well. At least I finally got to re-doing the site. I still do not have a concept for the galleries, though, and a main navigation menu is really primitive, but the new site is HTML5, CSS3 and what not, and I am not ashamed to refer people to it anymore. Yay. P.S. Resolved the cache issue with .htaccess file: FileETag None Header unset ETag Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate" Header set Pragma "no-cache" Header set Expires "Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT"  everything now works a lot livelier. P.P.S. Why is Blo

I Am Starting To Worry...

...generally, when the amount of money in my savings exceeds a certain number (and that's not a large number), mainly, because I expect various unpleasant events to take place. Usually, the car breaks down. Sometimes I hit something, but sometimes it breaks by itself just as well. This Tuesday I came to work, parked my Jeep, spent 9 hours at the office, went back to my Jeep and turned the ignition key. Nothing. The lights are on, though, radio works, too - I have power. So it's a fuse, or starter. I checked the fuses (found two which claimed responsibility for the starter operation), one was all right, the other one I couldn't pull out without pliers, so I decided, that it's all right, too. It looked nice from the outside. So I called AAA and asked for the tow to the dealership. The truck came in about half an hour and the driver checked my battery, confirmed that it's not it, and offered me to start my Jeep with a help of two seemingly undocumented individuals, who